Friday, October 6, 2017

4 More Dragon Stories and a Linky

Welcome to my weekend blog hop -
Make My Saturday Sweet #239!


The winner of the eBook
A Threat of Shadows
is Melody Spencer!
(Chosen by random draw)
Please send us your email address if
you aren't on JA Andrew's mailing list.


A Threat of Shadows (The Keeper Chronicles Book 1) by [Andrews, JA]


*********************


Isabell and the Dragon by [Skell, Jerry]

My Review:

Isabelle and the Dragon is a sweet historical romantic fantasy with a spunky heroine who knows that men can't be trusted. When Isabelle flees from her uncle, she is captured by bandits, but when a knight comes to her rescue, she accidentally knocks him unconscious and then ties him up just in case! Isabelle's fun adventures have only just begun and she meets a dragon along the way. It's an entertaining story with great characters and a happily-ever-after.

Book 1

Half-Blood Dragon: Book One of the Dragon Born Trilogy by [Lee, K.N.]

My Review:

Half-Blood Dragon is the first book in the Dragon-Born Trilogy. It's a page-turner of a story with lively characters, unique adventures, great world-building, lots of dragons, and plenty of twists to keep you surprised and on the edge of your seat. The romance is bold, but not erotic. It has a cliff-hanger ending, so be prepared to want more!


These next two book reviews are from
previous years. I wanted to share them
with you, in case you missed them.



Cora and the Nurse Dragon by [Burke, H. L.]

My Review:

I was excited to pre-order H.L. Burke's book, Cora and the Nurse Dragon, after reading and reviewing the middle grade reader, Thaddeus Whiskers and the Dragon. I thought I could it read it to Amanda who is almost 8 years old, but it's more suited for older kids and for people like me who are young at heart.

I read it easily within two days. It was lots of fun. H.L. Burke artfully whisked me away into another world of her imagination that comes alive and feels real. It is different to our world, but very similar too where some kids are bullies and some kids are just wanting to live their dreams, and sometimes those dreams can also be a little misguided. The adults (mostly parents of the kids) have important roles in the story too. The main characters are two girls with different strengths whose friendship transcends the barrier of class based on income.

The pace of the story is charged with lots of discovery, adventure, danger, and more. It is steampunk fiction set in a time like the 1920's. Another steampunk work of fantasy by H.L. Burke is Beggar Magic.

Cora and the Nurse Dragon is geared towards a female audience. The topics the characters deal with are very mature and for that reason I recommend this book for girls from age 10 right up to young adults.


Dragon's Curse
Book 1

Dragon's Curse (The Dragon and the Scholar Book 1) by [Burke, H. L.]

My Review:

I had so much fun reading Dragon's Curse that I finished it in one day! The pace is set in the very first chapter. The story moves quickly with plenty of witty dialogue, interesting characters, an intriguing plot and more!

We are introduced to a cunning dragon that not only talks, but is also merciful. The damsel, Shannon, is mentally strong. She's quick to rush into things and hates being overlooked. Shannon and the dragon develop a strong bond.

You never quite know who the bad guys are in the story. Sometimes you guess correctly, but sometimes you get surprised. Even the plot, as it unfolds, keeps you guessing as to the outcome and it doesn't disappoint.

I recommend this book for young adults, ages 12 and up.


*********************

More Dragon Books
by H.L. Burke:

Dragon's Debt - Book 2

Dragon's Rival - Book 3

Dragon's Bride - Book 4



*********************
Make My Saturday Sweet is a weekend blog hop for all family friendly blogs. You are welcome to link your favorite post from the past week(s) and to visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment. It's a really easy and fun way to make new friends and to catch up on old acquaintances.

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!

I would love for you to follow me on

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow Tina (your host) on one or more links listed above.
  • Link up a post from your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your post or side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment.
Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

Weekend Linky


Visit my Blog Hops page to see
what link-ups I take part in.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena