Friday, April 17, 2015

Inspirational Story and #Weekend #Linky

Welcome to my weekend blog hop -
Make My Saturday Sweet #125!

My blog is best viewed in Google Chrome


It's my 5th year as a volunteer at the Institute for the Blind in South Africa. I read text books and other materials in a sound room for a few hours every week. It's a small thing that I can do. Sometimes the material I have to read is boring, but I stick with it.


Fanny Crosby.jpg
Fanny Crosby
image from Wikipedia

Someone who led a very inspiring life was Fanny Crosby (1820 - 1915). At six weeks of age, she went blind. This did not stop her or slow her down.

She wrote over 8,000 hymns and gospel songs. Her work was so prolific that she had to use over 200 pseudonyms in order to be published as some publishers were hesitant to have so many works under the same name. She wrote "Blessed Assurance" and "To God Be the Glory" to name a few.

She was also known for her public speaking and Christian rescue missions. She accomplished so much in her life and did it completely blind.


If this story inspired you, then please consider sharing it. You can pin the above pin on Pinterest or share my post via Google+, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks!

P.S. I have been following Destiny Rescue on Facebook. They are dedicated to rescuing and protecting children from human trafficking and sexual exploitation. I show my support by liking and sharing their updates. Visit their page for more information.


*********************


My Latest Book Review

Goo and Spot Bedtime Story

It's FREE on Amazon Kindle
until 17 April 2015




*********************

Blog Buttons

*********************

Make My Saturday Sweet is a weekend blog hop for all family friendly blogs. You are welcome to link your favorite post from the past week(s) and to visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment. It's a really easy and fun way to make new friends and to catch up on old acquaintances.

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!

If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!

I would love for you to follow me on
I'm also now on Instagram!

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow Tina (your host) on one or more links listed above.
  • Link up a post from your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your post or side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment.
Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

This is a blog hop!

Visit my Blog Hops page to see what link parties I take part in.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena