Friday, September 13, 2013

Make My Saturday Sweet - Blog Hop #49

Welcome to my weekend blog hop! I'm linking with two other great hops today and I've taken the challenge of answering their writing prompts for this Friday. My own hop doesn't have a theme, so you are welcome to link your family friendly blog below. Just remember to visit the last two links before yours and leave a comment and make their Saturday sweet.

The theme today on Friendship Friday is "Something Good."

I'd like to tell you a little bit more about my volunteer work at the Blind Institute, South Africa. The building I work in is the Pioneer Printers, where all the braille books are made. I have been with them for several years now. I'm scheduled to read for them every Wed. morning in a sound room. The reading I do gets recorded and put on to CD's.

I usually read any literature that the school for the visually impaired needs like poetry and plays. I also read exam papers, which can be challenging if there are diagrams that I have to explain in my own words. Last week, I put in a couple of extra mornings for them as their other readers weren't available and work needed getting done.

This last Wed. morning I finished reading a Christian devotional by Andrew Murray, The Throne of Grace. He had a wonderful ability of explaining deep spiritual truths in a clear way and wrote extensively.

This is where I volunteer every Wed.
The little dots at the bottom of the
sign are in braille. You can click on
the image to make it bigger.

This is me with Amanda and our dog, Benny.
The building I volunteer in is just behind us.

"My best summertime memory this year is..."

This is a really hard sentence for me to finish, since I have so many good memories of our time in the States. I'd have to say that my favorite day was walking along the water in Matanzas with my family, mom and step-dad. It was a perfect day in many ways. You can see all my favorite photos of that day on Amanda's Books and More and 1camera1mom, which I shared between the two, so you should check out both.


My other favorite memory was the 4th of July. My kids are U.S. citizens, but they hadn't experienced this great holiday. Only the two oldest kids had when they were both so small that they couldn't remember it. So, this 4th of July was extra special, because we got to spend it together with my mom, step-dad and grandmother. You can see all my favorite pictures on Amanda's Books and More.

3 Generations: My mom, grandmother and me
the 4th of July, 2013

*********************

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!


I would love for you to follow me on


Follow on Bloglovin


Leave me a comment with your link and I will follow back!

Here are the easy rules:

  • Follow Tina (your host) @ Amanda's Books and More.
  • Link up your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your most recent post or on your side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit at least the last two blogs before your link and leave a comment.
  • Follow any new blogs that you like.


Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More


This is a blog hop!

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena