Friday, August 23, 2013

Make My Saturday Sweet - Blog Hop #46

It's time again for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop. How can you make someone's Saturday sweet? By linking up your blog and visiting other bloggers who linked up before you! It's easy and fun.

I'm also linking up with two Friday blog hops and answering their writing prompts. Today's Finish the Sentence Friday is "I wasn't really myself when I..."

I wasn't really myself when I fell pregnant with Amanda, my fourth child. It's not that I didn't want more kids, but my three older kids had grown up to a large extent and I was enjoying having my life back. Not only was I emotionally not ready, but I also became physically ill with morning sickness. I lost 8 kilos during my pregnancy. My kids (and Hubby) rallied behind me and gave me lots of support. They were excited to be getting a new brother or sister.

When Amanda was born, she was the center of our family. We drew closer together and the kids learned how to help care for a little one. Their job was usually to take turns playing with her. This was a huge help. However, the first year was the hardest, as Amanda had terrible colic and couldn't sleep at all in the day. She slept at night, but not that well.

All my babies were born with colic. I don't know why I had to go through it four times around. My son's colic lasted till around 4 months, but the girls all had it for longer. Jessica had it the longest. She didn't settle until two weeks after turning two years old.

I always carried my babies around, because I knew they were uncomfortable and not crying for nothing. This put a huge strain on me every time. I suppose that's another reason why I dreaded having another kid, but Amanda has been the biggest blessing. She has thoroughly enriched our lives.

Amanda's foot prints made into a butterfly
Preschool Art 2013

Today's Friendship Friday's theme is "Back to School."

As many of you already know, we live in South Africa and our kids are on a different school system. Their school year begins in January and ends in December. Even their summer break, which is from Dec. - Jan. is not as long as in the States. I think that makes getting back into the swing of things not so hard, as there isn't such a big gap from the year end until the new school year begins.

My kids are now in their third school term. Jeremiah is in the 11th grade, Jessica in the 9th, Samantha in the 7th, and Amanda is in preschool. She will begin grade R (grade K) in January and is now preparing for that. Even though there is no perfect school system, all my kids are happy at their schools. We're really blessed.

*********************

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!


I would love for you to follow me on


Follow on Bloglovin


Leave me a comment with your link and I will follow back!

Here are the easy rules:

  • Follow Tina (your host) @ Amanda's Books and More.
  • Link up your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your most recent post or on your side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit at least the last two blogs before your link and leave a comment.
  • Follow any new blogs that you like.


Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More


This is a blog hop!

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena