Friday, February 17, 2012

Not so Normal


from left to right:
Amanda, Tina, Jessica, Samantha and Jeremiah
I have a fridge magnet that says, “Remember, as far as anyone knows… we are a normal family!” I bought that magnet for me, because I could relate. We might look like perfect parents raising perfect kids, but I know that we’re not. In fact, we’re probably not all that “normal.” We are who we are… the Morleys.

What is “normal” anyway? We all have our own idea of what “normal” looks like, sometimes even placing too much value on it.

Let me illustrate this point with a quote from a fantastic movie, “Soul Surfer.” It’s based on the true story of Bethany Hamilton who lost her arm to a shark attack. At one point in the story she is talking to her mom and says, “Thought I could look normal.”

Her mom replies, “Normal is so overrated.”

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena